But regardless of what team you root for, one thing is for certain: NHL hockey is FILLED with promotional products – whether you’re attending a game in person (and we WILL be back) or a charity event, or you simply engage with them online or via social media. That’s not even including all of the merch available at games or in the online store.
In honor of the NHL playoffs and my favorite team still heading toward the cup, I thought it would be a fun blog post to share some of the promo items we’ve collected over the years. I’ve scoured my house for some of my favorite hockey promo products and thought now would be the perfect time to share them. I’ll include five now and WHEN we move on to the next round, I’ll post five more. I’m sure you can figure out which team I’m rooting for….
1. Rally Towel – There’s nothing like tens of thousands of fans spinning a rally towel in their hands at once. The energy, the excitement, getting behind your team during an important game. They’re not only good for hockey though – they’re motivating for any sport at any time! This one was created by Pro Towels:
2. Foam Hand – What’s a sporting event without a foam finger?! Kids and adults of all ages love this cost-effective way to cheer on your team. Fun fact: Did you know that the Foam Hand was created in 1978 by Spirit Industries – an ASI® company? What a great year (and completely not biased at all since it was the year I was born). Think about all the foam hands you’ve rocked over the years in every sport:
3. Noisemakers – Last year while attending a Flyers game, all fans received these awesome inflatable noisemakers from BamBams. They’re another fun way for you to root on your team, and when everyone is hitting them at once (or hitting their neighbor on purpose or the row behind them accidentally), it makes for a loud, fun environment:
4. Bead Necklaces – I don’t care how old you are – if you’re handed a bead necklace, you’re immediately putting it around your neck. Case in point: these fun Flyers “authentic fan” bead necklaces given out by NBC Sports. They’re a great way to get brand exposure and promote your social channel at the same time:
5. Gritty Growth Chart – Honestly, what would a children’s game promotion be without something involving Gritty, everyone’s favorite orange ball of fluff? This giveaway item is great because it’s this huge wall hanging that measures up to six feet tall. Right now, it’s hanging up in our “man-cave” and it’s something that I’m sure is being kept by all who received it. It’s an out-of-the-box idea for a Flyers promo item for sure:
I’m interested in hearing about and seeing promo items you’ve received at hockey games over the years! Share with me here and you might just end up in an upcoming blog post.
And one other thing: GO FLYERS!